Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tenth Year Teacher Resolutions


This post is long overdue. I've neglected this project for many reasons mainly because it takes effort and the ability to click the post button. I'll be first to admit that the lack of effort and posting comes from fear. I read a quote by Teal Swan that said, "We do not fear the unknown. We fear what we think we know about the unknown. This will be my tenth year in teaching and I've set some big goals that can only be attained by letting go of what I think I know about my future. After much deliberation with a full page of goals, I've decided on my top five goals for my tenth year of teaching.




Goal #1 Organize

This may be a tough one to conquer as I have finally admitted that being organized is a state of mind. As long as I know where something is located I'm calling that organized. I will however use my super awesome teacher planner from Erin Condren. Which means I need to silence the procrastinator voices and plan ahead. I think the quote says the early bird get the worm. Well I've got my bucket ready to catch them.
 wild teacheru0027s lesson planner

Goal #2 Share/Collaborate

I've loved getting fabulous ideas from fellow teachers. I'm always hesitant to share because I'm so intimidated by all the amazing things teachers are sharing. I've got to remember that blogging is a wonderful way to make friends, learn and share ideas. If my ideas reach one person than I've accomplished my goal of sharing.

Goal # 3  RIP Perfect Poly

Poly has helped me out of doing so many things. This year I realize that while my adventures may end in failure or need an emergency landing I've got to put on my boots and keep trudging.
Image result for RIP


Goal #4 Radiate Positive Vibes

It's so easy to let the grumps get you as an educator. We have so many stressors that range from work demands, parents expectations, etc. I've decided that no matter what is going on I'm choosing to ride the positive train.


Goal #5  Enjoy Teaching!

No explanation needed on this one.
Image result for Enjoy teaching
 
 
I'm so excited to start my 10th year doing what I love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment